Wednesday, June 1, 2011






I had a great time today. I volunteered to cover the office at the Bradley Elementary School for the day and tomorrow. The school secretary, Deena is also a bus driver and took the 8th grade class on their graduation trip to Catalina Island. She asked if I would just answer the phone and sort the mail and whatever else comes up. I just love this school. Everyone is so nice and the kids are great too. What a wonderful place to work!

The weather forecaster is calling for an inch of rain this weekend. The trees and veggies will love it, but Marvin is having to rush to stack all of our hay and cover it before Saturday. There is never a day that goes exactly as planned when you are on the farm. He also had to deal with a broken water pipe and a stuck truck. It had a problem when it was driven across the field and hit a wet spot. We had a wet spot because the silly cows were in a new field and opened the faucet by scratching their faces on the valve.

I am busily trying to get everything organized for the school farm visit on Friday. I have some great volunteers that will coming to help with the kids. I have shopping to do and activities to plan so this 2 days at the school will give me time to take care of all of those details.

Our Pyrenees have been busy. They always stack their "treasures" on the lawn throughout the night. When I got home from the school, I went out to pick up the pile. Imagine my surprise when I found the skull and remains of a coyote. Good dogs!

These are pictures of our new barn kitties. They are just so darn cute. When Wayne came by a few days ago, one of them caught a mouse right in front of him. Smart kitty to show the boss that they are doing their jobs.

The lamb is our newest of the 3 we have had so far on the farm. Also is a picture of some of the baby chicks in the barn.

We are still waiting for Piper to farrow. Baby pigs coming soon!

Off to clean house......

No comments:

Post a Comment