Sunday, September 18, 2011

Veggies and more






We had a wonderful but poignant weekend. Our son sames left for basic training in the good ol US Army. We are so very proud of him to volunteer to serve our country, but also will miss him bunches.

The cauliflower and tomatoes are just 2 examples of the great vegetables growing at HZ Harvest. We are inviting all to come and share the bounty with U-pick open during specific times. Call us to make arrangements and bring the family. (805) 801-1899 or (805) 610-1053.

My little filly, Sugar is doing great. It was suggested by Johnny Johnston (the wonderful guy who gave her to me to raise) that I allow her to stretch her legs. He said to just take the lead rope off and let her run a bit and she would come back to me. I took her out into the field and took the rope off. After I walked around for 20 minutes or so, she just stayed right at my side. She finally caught sight of her pen and walked over and put herself away. Maybe next time she'll stretch her legs.

A very wise friend told me today's quote: Our dreams and ambitions are not always those of our children.

Be safe and God Bless James.

No comments:

Post a Comment