Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Beautiful, beautiful Fall


I thought this picture was particularly beautiful of sunset on Sunday. Every day I wake up to an even more beautiful morning and the evening skies are breathtaking with their dark red and purple hues.

On a personal note, our son James is graduating from boot camp in Columbia, South Carolina on Thursday. Our beautiful daughter-in-law Melissa flew back there with our new grandbaby Carter James last night. She will get to see her groom of 6 years tomorrow at family day and he will get to meet his new son. Although I was supposed to go also, I stayed home with their 22 month old Landon. He has been fighting a cold and it was decided that it would be best for him to remain here and let Daddy spend some bonding time with Carter. James will be home in a couple of weeks for Christmas and he will have plenty of time to spend with Landon. I know that Landon will have a wonderful time with Nana and Grandpa on the farm. It also gives Great Grandma Fran and Great Poppy Howard time with him while I take care of "business things" for the farm.

I hope everyone has a great day and be sure to enjoy these fall days - they will be gone soon and we will have to wait another year to enjoy them.

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment