Monday, April 16, 2012

He just won't listen!

The good news is that we received about 2 1/2 inches of rain over the past few days.  Of course, this adds a whole new bunch of problems to our day.

Even though it was raining "cats and dogs" (not these three.  They are Burner, Tuck and Bailey.) we still need to close up the chickens and turkeys at night.  The coyotes don't take a rain day.

We went up the road in the Kubota and saw that some of the girls were still out on the hillside.  Marvin headed around the barn with me saying "Don't go there, we'll get stuck".  If we have followed my blog for long, you might remember this same story last year (only a different area on the farm).

While he was protesting that it would be fine, I was responding with "I am going to tell you I told you so when you get stuck!"  It was a small victory for me as I then had to walk through mucky mud with my good work shoes on (remember that we were just running up the hill to close the chicken house).

It was obviously a lost cause at that point so we finished walking up to the chicken house and then back home with the poor Kubota sitting in the field until the next morning.

I told you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment